Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.
The Nightly Rant Episode 219 Summary
Mike and Torya discuss their favorite taco places.
Listen to The Nightly Rant Episode 219
The Nightly Rant Episode 219 Show Notes
Our show notes are changing. We are now going to use summaries of the show content for you. Let us know what you think!
- Mike says there will be some running going on as it is Mitchell’s first ever high school track meet.
- Torya says Mitchell is going to be cold!
- They introduce the Taco episode
- They will cover Senor Taco, Taco Nazo, Straight Up Tacos, Tacos La Calle, King Taco and Jim Boys.
- Senor Taco. Torya says it is the first “non-shitty” Mexican food she’s ever eaten. This has given her a love for Senor Taco. Mike says he likes it because of the people who run the place. He complains their meat tends to be dry and their salsa is far too spicy as it overpowers the meat. Torya gives Senor Taco a 4 out of 5 and Mike gives them a 3 out of 5.
- Taco Nazo. Mike explains how they found Taco Nazo. Torya explains how crowded this place always is. Mike complains that their sizing of guacamole and salsa are inconsistent. The small is extremely small, but the large is enormous. Mike gives them a 3.8 out of 5. Torya gives them a 3.9 out of 5.
- Straight Up Tacos. Torya found this place and their hesitation was that it was inside of a car wash. Torya watched the reviews and then asked to go there. The atmosphere was not great since it was inside of a car wash. Torya gives them a 4.2 out of 5 and Mike gives them a 4 out of 5.
- Tacos La Calle. Mike says it is similar to Senor Taco. Mike says the chicken is good, but the beef is too dry. Mike gives them a 4 out of 5. Torya gives them a 4.5 out of 5.
- Jim Boys. Torya found them on Instagram. She describes what was eaten. Torya gives 4.6 out of 5 and Mike gave them 4.5 out of 5.
- King Taco. Mike says that it is similar to Senor Taco and Tacos La Calle. Mike gives them a 2.5 out of 5. Torya gives them a 2.7 out of 5.
- The rankings: Mike — (1) Jim Boys; (2) Tacos La Calle; (3) Taco Nazo. Torya — (1) Jim Boys; (2) Tacos La Calle; (3) Senor Taco.
- Mike opines that if he eats Senor Taco chicken tacos he would give them a higher rating.
- Mike says that the quality of the salsa directly corresponds to the quality of the food. Torya says it is the sauce.
Podcast launch course coming soon — https://ElitePodcastAgency.com
Authors…find our whitepaper on “How to Market and Sell More Books Than You Ever Imagined” and sell a ton of books with the strategy we outline!