Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.
The Nightly Rant Episode 241 Summary
Mike and Torya welcome Buena Park resident, Patrick Young.
Listen to The Nightly Rant Episode 241
The Nightly Rant Episode 241 Show Notes
Our show notes are changing. We are now going to use summaries of the show content for you. Let us know what you think!
- Mike opens the show announcing that Beans, the foster mutt, is going to manners class.
- Mike introduces Patrick Young.
- Patrick told his story about his encounters with the homeless.
- Mike and Patrick agree that the timing of receiving help is critical for the homeless.
- Patrick gets personal about homelessness.
- Mike responds to Patrick and explains his own plan for ending homelessness.
- Mike's plan:
- Transitional housing (homeless shelter)
- Get them paperwork ready by helping them get identification
- Permanent assistive housing
- Alfresco Gardens — mobile home park-type place
- Police intervention of those left on the streets
- Mike explains that his plan is aimed at letting the police do their job.
- Mike and Patrick discuss how to help the homeless.
- Mike asks Patrick if rock bottom is different for everyone and opines that being in a shelter could be rock bottom for many homeless people.
- Mike points out the government is to blame here.
- Mike explains the homeless issue directly affects the personal liberty of citizens.
- Patrick discusses conflict he's had with a homeless person.
- Mike says he believes the stories he hears, but the stories themselves do nothing to help the situation.
Call us and leave us a message on our hotline… (657) 529-2218
Authors…find our whitepaper on “How to Market and Sell More Books Than You Ever Imagined” and sell a ton of books with the strategy we outline!