We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The Nightly Rant Episode 243 Summary
Mike and Torya are joined by AdaPia D'errico to discuss self-absorbed people.
Listen to The Nightly Rant Episode 243
The Nightly Rant Episode 243 Show Notes
- Mike and Torya open the show by discussing their elevator partner that morning.
- Torya says their partner in the elevator cannot stand either of them.
- Torya says that the elevator partner dropped a bunch of discarded pork rinds on the ground in front of the mailboxes.
- Mike introduces today's guest, AdaPia D'errico.
- AdaPia discusses the backlash from her viral video.
- Mike discusses his past marriage and why he stuck it out for as long as he did.
- AdaPia talks about intentions and why people are so judgmental.
- AdaPia says it is possible to think about yourself and not be self-entitled.
- She says that when you get what you need, the entire experience in life improves.
- Mike talks about how he and Torya handle “alone time”
- AdaPia says that when you're in a relationship, it is like looking into a mirror. When you have complaints it usually means something needs to change in yourself.
- AdaPia describes the backlash from her viral video, which included death threats.
- Mike speaks about the transparency in his relationship.
- AdaPia describes how the video came to be.
- She made nothing off that video. She learned the need for creative control as a HUGE lesson.
- The video had 30 million views as of March 2019.
- “Why would anyone be so mean to another person for no reason?” – AdaPia D'errico
- Mike talks about his date night with Torya and the fact they left phones in the car.
- AdaPia talks about the need to get outside and see people face to face.
- Mike talks about how sensitive people are online.