We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The Nightly Rant Episode 501 Summary
Mike and Torya discuss their frustrations with certain groups of people, including software developers and gig drivers.
The Nightly Rant Episode 501 Show Notes
– Mike and Torya discuss their frustrations with certain groups of people, including software developers and gig drivers.
– They specifically talk about their experiences with unhelpful software developers who don't listen to their problems and provide unhelpful solutions.
– They also discuss the entitled attitude of some gig drivers who demand tips upfront and dictate how customers should spend their money.
– The hosts share personal stories of negative experiences with gig drivers and restaurant servers.
– They touch on the topic of measurement systems, comparing the Imperial system to the metric system.
– Some software developers can be unhelpful and dismissive when it comes to addressing issues.
– Gig drivers should not demand tips upfront and dictate how customers spend their money.
– Negative experiences with gig drivers and restaurant servers can impact tipping behavior.
– The hosts have a preference for the Imperial measurement system due to familiarity and emotional attachment.
|0:00:15||Introduction to the show|
|0:01:14||Complaining about stupid software developers|
|0:02:21||Discussion about whiny gig drivers|
|0:04:06||Story about a DoorDash driver throwing food at a customer|
|0:05:59||Personal experience with a bad Instacart driver|
|0:07:39||Comparing tipping practices in restaurants and delivery services|
|0:10:05||Conversation about small town bars and drinking|
|0:12:00||Debate about the Imperial and metric measurement systems|
|0:14:13||Discussion about gym equipment and measurements|
|0:18:48||Criticism of DoorDash drivers' misunderstanding of tipping practices|